Saturday, June 5, 2021

Another big US-EU opening 2021 June 4

 

Another incredible opening happened on Friday, June 4th. It started early in the AM and lasted 'till just about 8pm local. It slowed down during the day, but picked up full-force around 4pm local. I was able to work a number of new grids, and new DXCC entities. Here is the breakdown:

119Q's in total

By DXCC entity:

9A (1)
9H (1)
DE (14)
EA (5)
EA6 (1)
EI (7)
F (17)
G (9)
GD0  (1)
GI (2)
GW (3)
HB (3)
I (21)
IS (1)
LA (4)  ** New DXCC
LX (1)
OK (1)
ON (3)
OZ (5)
PA (3)
SM (4)
SP (2)
SV (1)  ** New DXCC
TA (1)  ** New DXCC
TK (1)  ** New DXCC
UR (1)
VE (1)
YT (1)
Z3 (1)  ** New DXCC

I haven't figure out how many new grids that was, but at one point I was only working new ones. 

It was a very different opening that I've experienced before. The propagation seemed to be very sharp at times. Where normally I only hear OZ occasionally, this time it was it was many at time! LA was a new one, but I heard 5-10 total, mostly at the same time. It would be all Italians, then all French, etc. 

At times both 313 and 323 were full of stations, and now that I'm using my new SDR setup it's easy for me to switch back and forth. Here is what JTDX looked like:




The next morning I was able to go back and look at PSK Reporter and you can tell where the strongest path was:


(not sure why PSK-R wasn't showing the 21 Italian stations that I worked)

It was really impressive to see full pages of decodes with all of these stations, at one point the docodes were scrolling off of the screen:



The end result was pretty impressive, I hope we get to see many more opening like this one:









No comments:

Post a Comment