Saturday, June 19, 2021

Market Reef on 6m!

 I had to spend most of the day away from the radio working on other projects (always a risk during 6m season). I got back in the late afternoon and sat down to see what I missed, which wasn't much thankfully. I managed to time it just right to see an opening into the Baltics, which doesn't happen frequently for me. I managed to work 2 stations in Estonia (ES6RQ, ES5PC) and one Latvian station (YL2CP). I wasn't able to work a few Finnish stations, but we'll get them next time. 

The big news, however, was that as I was working the Estonian stations, the rare DX entity, Market Reef came up and I was able to very quickly work them.



(my color scheme was quickly adjusted after I made this contact, this was a +05 signal report)

Looking at LOTW, it seems there are records from this callsign in 2019, so there is hope they will confirm via LoTW!



No comments:

Post a Comment