Monday, July 5, 2021

Update: July 5

 Since my last post on June 19th there was a terrible drought on 6m right during the peak of the season here in FN42. This, unfortunately, happened the same time as the N4EME team was operating from their second grid in the big expedition. Some highlights:

- Working two new grids on 2m and 6 with N4EME (FN57, FN66)

- Working Market Reef on 6/18 on 6m

- Decent EU openings on 6/19 and 6/21

- Working Mauritius on 6M finally! (5T5PA on June 27)

- Working OX3LX (Bo, in Greenland) on 6m SSB

The drought to EU finally broke big on July 1st and I worked quite a number of new stations and new grids. Then on the night of the 1st and into July 2nd we had consistent openings into the PNW and I worked quite a few new grids, which pushed my VUCC totals over 500. We had another small opening to EU on July 3rd. 

Some misses:

I had one decode from OH0Z and OH0100AX operating from Aland Island. That certainly would have been a new DXCC entity for me, but they faded before I could work them. I only got a single decode:


JAPAN!

I actually decoded Japan on 6m, which blows my mind a bit.

    


I had no chance of working the, since most of the continental US was hearing them. Here is just one sample of who was trying to work them at the same time:



I also had my second decode from Kuwait from earlier in the day on the 2nd:




I need to get more aluminum in the air, higher in the air!







No comments:

Post a Comment